Sunday 24 July 2011

My boys Quilts

I bought the fabric for the boys quilts from spotlight (on sale of course)... I like lots of different blues and greens for the boys, and I thought the fabric was bright and funky!

I have discovered that when you use fabric with stripes you cant always cut it to match the lines... good thing I am not too pedantic about it, and once it is all together you really don't notice :)

For the backing of the quilts I did Toby's first (my 9 months old) and I just used a plain light blue fabric... which really is not the best as you can see EVERY stitch!! So for Byron's I bought a patterned backing which hides the stitching! Since then I have bought the exact same fabric (in various colours) for all of my backing fabrics...

Every quilt teaches me something new

Eustacia x

No comments:

Post a Comment